Saturday, May 14, 2011

Galaxy S Vibrant on GINGERBREAD 2.3.3

I decided to apply the stock ROM (official release) for I9000 on my Vibrant (with camera) to take advantage of the 3G Video call. I tried using ROM Manager and it actually bricked the phone.

And then, I saw this instructions on how to apply the ROM using ODIN v1.7

GINGERBREAD 2.3.3 Upgrade Instructions

Here's the video instruction on how to use ODIN v1.7



Note: Please don't follow the video entirely as it's meant to restore the phone to its original ECLAIR 2.1. Use the video to set the ODIN connection and use the GINGERBREAD 2.3.3 instructions above to flash GINGERBREAD into your phone.

Good luck !

2 comments:

Pahan said...

have you succeed installing gingerbread?

Nazri said...

Yes I have. However, it messed up my volume button assignment, i.e. up button brings the volume down and vice versa. Other than that, everything looks OK.

Anyway, I found that I don't really use the 3G video call so I flashed my phone back with Bronze ROM from Team Whiskey

Post a Comment