Sunday, October 17, 2010

Battery saving tips for Android

There are a lot of programs and tips out there but here's something that I am using on my Galaxy-S droid. Now I only charge my droid once every 2 days - awesome !
  • Kill them 2G/3G mobile data - If you are like me, I don't need constant data to come to my Android. Most of my usage is on Games, Phone calls, GPS and occasional internet browsing - none of those real time weather forecast, real time Gmail or real time stock price etc. So, I turn on 2G/3G mobile data only when I need it. To quickly toggle this, I use the free apps called Quick Setting - available in Android market






  • Kill them processes when phone is locked/Standby - Android has this bad habit of starting processes at the background. I have tried a lot of apps that kill processes but here one that's very stabile and does not interfere with my activities such as making long conference calls etc - Automatic Task Killer. Select all applications to kill and leave the important ones to be run in the background. For me, I exclude Dialer, Message, Backup, Alarm & Clocks and Quick Setting


So, have fun !

2 comments:

Unknown said...

have you tried Mouthen for Android - very professional piece of software

Nazri said...

Thanks Naeem. I am using Islamic Prayer Times and I find it very accurate. I'll check out Mouthen soon

Post a Comment